- This event has passed.
Historic Trades Day at Travellers Rest
November 13, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$15
About this event
Historic Travellers Rest presents Historic Trades Day on November 13, 2021 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
This program will feature historic artisans and hands on crafts. Activities and artisans will include:
• Nora Glickstein demonstrating lacemaking.
• Roy Overcast demonstrating pottery making.
• Kelly Hamlin from Wolf Gap demonstrating natural dyes.
• Melissa Goodwin weaving on the loom located in our Weaving House.
• Candle dipping with Travellers Rest staff.
• Guided house tour of Travellers Rest.
• On-site or take-home activities: hanky dolls, thaumatropes, quill pen writing
We hope you will join us at this great on-site program! Tickets can be purchased in advance. Once you have purchased a ticket, you may arrive any time during the program. Enjoy interacting with our wonderful artisans, several who will have wares for sale, tour the historic home, and participate in hands on crafts. Activities will be spread across our grounds so you may visit stations at your own pace. Last admission is at 3 p.m. but guests are welcome to enjoy activities on the grounds until 4 p.m. We recommend planning for 2- 3 hours to enjoy all the activities.
We encourage you to bring your own picnic lunch to enjoy on the grounds.
Tickets are available at www.historic-travellers-rest.eventbrite.com. Adult admission (13+) is $15, students (6 – 12) $10, Educators- $12, and children under 5 are free.
This is primarily an outdoor event, with rain plan.
We will be continually monitoring the COVID outbreak numbers and implementing precautions and guidelines for this event as needed for the safety of our guests and staff.