Bound by Dickerson Pike (west), Cleveland Street (south), Ellington Parkway (east), and Douglas Street (north) – East Nashville, represents buildings from mid-nineteenth century to present.
Located in thriving East Nashville, the Cleveland Park neighborhood is becoming one of the city’s most rapidly redeveloping neighborhoods. Once an urban streetcar neighborhood, Cleveland Park retains distinctive homes, commercial buildings, and church buildings dating primarily from the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. The neighborhood features several individual buildings that have been included on the Nashville Nine, including the circa 1840 McGavock House (2011), 1930s Highland Heights School (2011), and circa 1910 Montgomery House (2012). With the rapid redevelopment and escalating property values, members of the community are worried about teardowns of original historic homes to be replaced with new luxury homes.