Built in 1855, “Renraw,” the grand home that stands at the center of Lincoln College of Technology, was the boyhood home of prominent Nashville businessmen Edwin and Percy Warner, best known now for the parks named in their honor. In 1913, Renraw housed what was then known as Trevecca College. Once Trevecca acquired its present location in 1935, the estate became the Nashville Automotive College.
Lincoln Tech sold the campus in early 2022 to Southern Land Co., who plans to develop it into a mixed-use residential and commercial space. Plans for the site include moving Renraw to the corner of Trevecca Avenue and McClurkan Avenue.
Considering the home’s significant historical connections and the challenges of relocating a historic structural brick edifice, developers should work with preservationists to make sure the house is preserved and highlighted in the new development.