Whites Creeks Pike from Old Hickory Boulevard to Buena Vista, constructed from the early 1800s
Located in the northwest section of Davidson County, Whites Creek is the location of Nashville’s only rural
historic district listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The 157-acre district contains buildings constructed between the 1830s and early 1900s. Some of Nashville’s earliest settlers made their homes in Whites Creek, including Frederick Stump who signed the Cumberland Compact in 1779. The rural farming area contained several dairies such as Country Maid and was also home to Jesse James; a member of his gang was captured at the Earthman’s store. Whites Creek has been under pressure by developers who want to build suburban-style residential subdivisions here.