Join us for a tour of the historic Acme Farm Supply Building (now Acme Feed & Seed) in Downtown Nashville.
Built as a 3-story building in 1890 by J.R. Whitemore, the first tenants were two brothers, Frederic and William Cummins, who rented the building for their grocery store. Later tenants included: Southern Soda Works, Continental Baking Powder Company, Ford Flour Company, and the Tennessee Wholesale Drug Company, among others. In 1913, it housed the Bearden Buggy Company, and a wooden elevator was added to the building to transport the buggies up and down. In 1943, it housed Acme Feed and Hatchery, later known as Acme Farm Supply, and sold “straw, feed, wire, tools” and more. The store closed down in September 1999 and remained vacant until 2013 when a restauranteur, several business people and country music musician Alan Jackson leased the building to turn it into a restaurant/bar and music venue. It now operates as Acme Feed & Seed and has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1998.
Note: there is no designated parking for this tour. Please utilize parking on any adjoining streets and garages. Members should meet at the front of the building.
Hope to see you there!
© Copyright 2023 , Historic Nashville Inc. All Rights Reserved. Design & Development by NSFS.